The ingredients listed below are for a double batch:
Here’s what I did:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. To make the cauliflower rice: Remove the florets from the cauliflower, wash, and chop. Discard the stems. Add the cauliflower to a food processor in small batches. Process until the cauliflower bits are the size of rice.
3. Put in a microwaveable bowl and nuke for 6-8 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. When it dings, you’ll have a nice big steaming bowl of this:
4. To prepare the crust: Measure 2 cups of cauliflower rice and dump it into a bowl. Do not pack (I just learned this ). Add the mozzarella cheese and eggs. Mix with your hands until the “dough” is homogeneous.
This is what you’ll end up with. It seemed very watery to me, so I added another half cup of cauliflower rice. This may or may not have been the demise of this pizza. I’ll explain later. Despite any misgivings about wet dough,don’t add more cauliflower.
5. Grease a cookie sheet. Plop the dough onto the sheet and shape into multiple round pie crusts or one large Sicilian-style pie crust. I opted for the Sicilian-style because that’s the best! I kid, it’s up to your personal preference. To minimize the chances for a soggy crust, make sure the dough is distributed thinly and evenly.
6. Bake your crust for 20 minutes.
7. While the crust is baking, prep your toppings. I chose grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and spicy sausage. Fully cook all your toppings.
My toppings were purposely sparse to avoid the dreaded soggy crust.
8. In no time, the timer will let you know your crust is ready.
9. Add your toppings and pop into the oven for another 5-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Huzzah!
Unfortunately, it didn’t live up to the hype. Despite all my safeguards, the crust was mushy and stuck onto the cookie sheet. I used foil and greased with butter. I’m not sure if that makes a difference, but it probably does. Whomp, whomp.
Even if all went according to plan, I don’t think I’ll be making this again. Something about it just put me off. I think I’ll wait until next month when I can have our pizza date at L’asso. Until then, onto the next no carb recipe!
I’m on the fourth week of my diet and things are going really well. Again, I don’t have “before” pictures in a bikini or weigh myself obsessively (I don’t even own a scale) but my clothes which were once uncomfortably tight are quite loose. My legs, arms, and neck are visibly thinner and my tummy is considerably flatter. That’s all you get.
Side note: My blog is broken, yet again. The search box just up and stopped working. In an effort to remedy this, I tweaked some stuff including my permalinks. If you come across a broken link, please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks for putting up with my poor Taco!