Last year, we compiled a list of highlights of 2011. While a lot happened in 2012, they weren’t all highlights. Nonetheless, 2012 was a great year that was full of joy and change.
- Experiencing Artists and Fleas as a vendor with Helene, working a grueling twelve hours to break even, and bidding PrelovedNYC adieu.
- Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
- Kim FINALLY graduated and got her Bachelor of Science in Nursing. It was the end of an era.
- Celebrating my dad’s birthday in Ocean City, Maryland.
- Our two-week Costa Rica road trip in August, during which we celebrated our second wedding anniversary.
- My paternal grandfather died. I didn’t know him very well, but his passing left a void in my mother’s heart.
- Seeing Louis CK live for the first time! He did not disappoint.
- Thankful that our family and friends survived Hurricane Sandy and helping out in Red Hook with Forefront.
- Taking on my prediabetes and LOSING 15 POUNDS!
- The passing of my grandmother and last surviving grandparent in November.
- Getting my first tattoo in honor of my grandparents.
- Spending Christmas with ST’s family for the first time and adopting Leela!
At the end of 2011, I wanted to live simply, be at peace with others, and pray everyday. While I can’t say that I’ve achieved these goals, I think I’ve made progress toward them.
In 2013, ST and I are looking forward to so many things: traveling, purchasing our first home, and growing our little family.
What are you looking forward to in 2013?